- contributing to a safe engineering watch;
- communicating with the officer of the watch
- using internal communication systems;
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Sea-Time of 6 months under supervision of an officer or rating OR pre-sea training and 2 months sea time under the supervision of an officer or a rating
- The written exam can be taken online through HALO° Exams. You will receive 3 attempts for your exam. If you fail all 3 attempts, you must pay a retake fee of $50.00.
- The mandatory assessments supplied in the course must be completed and signed off by an STCW licensed Chief or Second Engineer onboard the vessel using the approved Training Record Book. If not already provided in the course, this can be arranged with the Dominica Maritime Administration by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org