Protection of Information
- NMI implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access personal information via the Website.
- NMI may ask for personal information in order to fulfill online service requests. Personal information stored on NMI servers may only be accessed by NMI personnel in order to fulfill job responsibilities.
- NMI uses third party secure vendors to process payments and to provide its clients with reliable transmission of payment. IP addresses and domain names of all visitors to the Website maybe collected in order to measure the Website’s effectiveness and to determine ongoing improvements. NMI may also collect the email addresses from email messages received. If NMI Services are used, contact information and financial information may be obtained.
When a user accesses the Website, cookies may be placed on the user computers. Cookies may be used to customize NMI Services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; and promote NMI Services. Cookies may be sent to user computers when using the Website or NMI Services. Cookies may be used for other purposes such as authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data. Cookies may be encrypted for information privacy and data security purposes. Cookies may be set by the server with or without an expiration date.
- If permitted by the user’s browser, cookies may be declined. However Website functionality as identified above may no longer be available.
- Cookies may be encountered from third parties via links made available on the Website which cannot be controlled by NMI.
The Website may include links to other websites on the Internet as a convenience to Website users. The inclusion of any link does not imply NMI’s endorsement of any other company, its products, services or privacy practices. Furthermore, NMI is not responsible for personal information voluntarily disclosed by users to third parties that are contacted through links on the Website.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, NMI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Website over the Internet. NMI makes every attempt to ensure the security of all information collected on the Website.
Information to Third Parties
NMI does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, and protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Service providers who support NMI Services such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services, among others may also be provided with your personally identifiable information. These service providers may only use user information in connection with NMI Services they perform and not for their own benefit.
The content of the Website is appropriate for, but not targeted to, children under the age of 13. NMI does not market products or services to this age group.
Northeast Maritime Institute
32 Washington St
Fairhaven, MA 02719 USA