Northeast Maritime Institute’s OUPV/Six Pack Blended Course is an engaging and interactive learning experience approved by the U.S. Coast Guard. Upon completion of the online content and required written exams (which can be completed at Northeast Maritime Institute’s Fairhaven campus or other approved location), your NMI completion certificate will be recognized by the USCG for submission with your licensing application package. Upon completion of the online content, USCG course approval requires completion of the proctored examinations for the Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels license at Northeast Maritime Institute.
DUE TO COVID-19, COURSE EXAMINATIONS MAY BE TAKEN ONLINE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRATION OFFICE AT 508-992-4025 OR AT REGISTRATION@NORTHEASTMARITIME.COM.
Course subjects include: Navigation Rules, Shiphandling, Watchkeeping, Safety, Communications, Charts & Publications, Maritime Law, Small Engine Operations, Coastal Navigation, Weather, Marlinespike Seamanship and Vessel Nomenclature.
The course price includes:
- Online content with online support
- One day on-site review
- Examination proctoring (any required re-testing will require additional costs)
- Course completion certificate
- Free review of your USCG license application.
Provided Equipment (mailed at no cost to students in the continental U.S.):
- 1 Block Island Training Chart
- 1 Long Island Training Chart
- 1 Chesapeake Bay Training Chart
Additional Required Equipment:
- 1 6″ Dividers (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- 1 12″ Parallel Rulers (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- 1 set of 2 Triangles (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- TI-30 Scientific Calculator
- Pencils and Erasers
The course satisfies the following USCG requirements:
The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(j)(1) for original issuance, 46 CFR 10.227(1)(iii) for renewal, and 46 CFR 10.227(i)(1) for reissuance of a merchant mariner endorsement as Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) Upon Near Coastal, or Great Lakes and Inland, or Inland Waters. The course also satisfies the safe boating course requirements of 46 CFR 11. 455 for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of a license as Master of Self Propelled Vessels Engaged in Launch Tender Service upon Inland Waters (Not More Than 1/2 Nautical Miles from Shore) based on the routes approved by USCG Sector Boston and USCG Sector Southeastern New England.
Requirements after Online Completion:
On-site proctored exams:
- 50 question Navigation Rules Exam – Minimum Score of 90% required
- 50 question Deck General Exam – Minimum Score of 70% required
- 50 question Navigation General Exam – Minimum Score of 70% required
- 10 question Navigation Plotting Exam – Minimum Score of 80% required
For technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond to your request, normally within 24 hours.
PRICE: $745.00 USD