Northeast Maritime Institute’s OUPV/Six Pack Blended Course is an engaging and interactive learning experience approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Course subjects include: Navigation Rules, Shiphandling, Watchkeeping, Safety, Communications, Charts & Publications, Maritime Law, Small Engine Operations, Coastal Navigation, Weather, Marlinespike Seamanship and Vessel Nomenclature.
This course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system followed by four final examinations being administered in our USCG approved HALO Examination software. You will receive 3 attempts for each exam. If you fail all 3 attempts of an exam, you must pay a retake fee of $25.00 for that exam.
Provided Equipment (mailed at no cost to students in the continental U.S.):
- 1 Block Island Training Chart
- 1 Long Island Training Chart
- 1 Chesapeake Bay Training Chart
Additional Required Equipment:
- 1 6″ Dividers (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- 1 12″ Parallel Rulers (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- 1 set of 2 Triangles (available through West Marine and Amazon)
- TI-30 Scientific Calculator
- Pencils and Erasers
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) (Blended) IN, GL & NC (NOREMI-662) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training will satisfy:
- The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.903 (a)(24) for original issuance, 46 CFR 10.227(e)(1)(iii) for renewal, and 46 CFR 10.227(i)(1) for reissuance of a merchant mariner endorsement as Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) upon Near Coastal, or Great Lakes and Inland, or Inland Waters; AND,
- The safe boating requirements of 46 CFR 11.467(f)(2), and the examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.467(f)(3) or 11.467(g)(2) for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of an endorsement as Limited Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels or Limited Master of Vessels Engaged in Launch Tender Service upon Inland Waters (Not More than 1/2 Nautical Mile from Shore) based on the routes approved by USCG Sector Boston and USCG Sector Southeastern New England, PROVIDED they have completed a First Aid & CPR course within 1 year of completing this course.
PRICE: $775.00 USD (eff. 10/01/2021)