This course covers the theory, practical demonstrations and examinations required for the renewal of your Radar Endorsement. This course is required for all mariners who do NOT have 360 sea days in the past 5 years in a position that regularly uses Radar as part of their job.
*These textbooks are provided as resources in your course.
- Navigational Rules and Regulations Handbook; United States Coast Guard (provided as a course resource)
- Radar and ARPA Manual; Bole, Wall, and Norris; Third edition
- Radar Renewal NMI Workbook (provided as a course resource)
Optional Navigation Tools
*These tools are listed for anyone who would like to plot on paper by hand for additional practice along with the online tools.
- Leaded Compass 6″ or 8″
- Dividers 6 or 8″
- 2 Triangles
- One of the following: Parallel Rules OR Weems Roller Plotter
- Blank Radar Transfer Plotting Sheets
This online course is based on a 4.5 hour in-person course.
This course must be completed on a Windows computer. Internet access is required. The preferred web browser is Google Chrome, but you may use Edge or Safari if necessary.