Welcome to the Maritime Cybersecurity Essentials online course! This course will give you a thorough understanding of the terminology, topics, and procedures that relate to cybersecurity in the maritime environment. We’ll explore the role you can play as a cybersecurity-aware professional, and share practical tips that will help protect you, the assets and people around you, as well as critical data and the connected systems you interact with day-to-day. In this course you will cover the following topics:
- Preparation – discover the foundational concepts of cybersecurity, and the devices, systems and elements we are likely to encounter.
- Principles – get introduced to the entities and organizations that participate, or set standards, in maritime cybersecurity.
- Practicalities – dive into a wide array of vulnerabilities, threats and risks (VTR) you are likely to encounter, and then walk through practical solutions that can be implemented to mitigate them.
- Personal – discover specific cybersecurity practices that can be implemented to protect you, the devices you own, the assets and equipment you manage, and the teams you work alongside.
This course aligns with:
- ISM Code (MSC.428 (98) Maritime Cyber Risk Management in Safety Management Systems)
- MSC-FAL.1/Circ.3 – Guidelines on maritime cyber risk management
- ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management, 2013
- BIMCO Guidelines on Cybersecurity Onboard Ships(v4)
- MSC Circ.1526 – Interim Guidelines on Maritime Cyber Risk Management (2016)
This course provides the necessary training, knowledge, understanding, and proficiencies for anyone working in a vessel environment. This includes crew members and on-shore personnel. With cyber threats increasing across the maritime domain, it is critical for all individuals to keep themselves, their companies, and their vessels secure.
Upon completion of the course you will receive a NEMO° Course Completion Badge