Complete your Launch Operator training Online now! Marinas and yacht clubs require licensed Launch Operators to take members to their moorings. Complete your training online now to get your USCG license application submitted as soon as possible.
This course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system followed by the final examination being administered in our USCG approved HALO Examination software. You will receive 3 attempts for your exam. If you fail all 3 attempts, you must pay a retake fee of $25.00.
Our course is approved for licensing for both inspected and uninspected launches.
The Limited Master license may be issued to applicants to be employed by a marina, yacht club, formal camp or educational institution allowing the licensed person to operate an inspected launch in a limited area. Inspected launches will have a Certificate of Inspection (COI) stating number of passengers (usually more than 6) and area of operation. Uninspected launches carry 6 or less passengers and only require the OUPV Limited License.
USCG Eligibility Requirements for Limited Master (Launch Tender):
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Sea Time: 120 days* experience in the operation of vessels (90 days of the 120 must be within the last 3 years)
USCG Eligibility Requirements for Limited OUPV (Launch Tender):
- Minimum Age: 17 years old
- Sea Time: 90 days* experience in the operation of vessels (90 days of the 90 must be within the last 3 years)
Our Admissions Office can assist you with your USCG Application Package. For a list of what you will need for your Application, click the link below:
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Launch Operator (Blended) (NOREMI-984) course will satisfy:
- The safe boating course requirements of 46 CFR 11.456(a)(2), if completed within five years of application; OR 46 CFR 11. 467(f)(2), if completed within one year of application; AND The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.456(a)(3) for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of a license as Limited Master of self-propelled vessels of less than 100 GRT upon Inland Waters based on the routes approved by the local Officer in Charge Marine Inspection (OCMI) for a specific activity and locality, if completed within one year of application; OR The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.467(f)(3) for original issuance, renewal, or reissuance of an endorsement as Limited Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels Upon Inland Waters based on the routes approved by the local Officer in Charge Marine Inspection (OCMI) for a specific activity and locality, if completed within one year of application. A course certificate may be used for one application which results in the issuance of an endorsement and may not be used for any application transactions thereafter.
PRICE: $199.00 USD (eff. 10/01/2021)