Northeast Maritime Institute is an approved designated examiner for the FCC GMDSS Radio Maintainer exams. The FCC requires completion of both the Element 1, Element 3 and Element 9 exams for issuance of the license.
Upon purchase of this program, you will have access to study questions for both Element 1, 3 and 9, the FCC application package and when you are ready to test, NEMO will enroll you in the Halo Exam Monitoring System which allows you to take your exams remotely, using your computer’s web camera.
Basic process after purchasing this module:
- Complete the FCC application packet and submit in color with a copy of your photo id
- Prepare for your exams by using the provided study questions
- Contact NMI when you are ready to test, we will enroll you in our online exam monitoring system (a computer with a web camera is required)
- Upon successfully passing your exams, NMI will submit your paperwork to the FCC for issuance of your license.
Upon completion of the exams and receipt of your fully completed application, Northeast Maritime Institute will submit your information to the FCC for processing.
* Please note: If you have taken NMI’s USCG approved GMDSS Online Course (approved for meeting both STCW and 46 CFR training requirements), this does not automatically qualify you for the FCC license. The FCC does not approve courses in lieu of their exam, although we are able to facilitate your FCC required exams and application paperwork.
As courses on the site are self-guided, short courses, NEMO does not offer refunds on purchased courses. If you feel there was an error in your billing or if you are in a special circumstance, please email us HERE.
PRICE: $125.00 USD
*Price includes the cost of the exams plus the remote proctor fee.