*On-site practical assessments are required per USCG approval guidelines.
The theory portion of this course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system with final exams being administered on the USCG approved HALO Exam software. Two days of practical assessments are required at Northeast Maritime Institute and its partner fire training academy.
The course includes: First Aid/CPR training, Personal Survival Techniques training, Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, and Basic Firefighting practical exercises. Students are responsible for their own transportation to the fire academy (Click HERE for directions). There are facial hair requirements at the Fire Academy.
- Bathing Suit
- General Physical Fitness for Practical Demonstration
- July 26 – 27
- August 12 – 13
- August 31 – September 1
- September 16 – 17
- September 28 – 29
- October 13 – 14
- October 28 – 29
- November 9 – 10
- November 30 – December 1
- December 16 – 17
- December 28 – 29
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Basic Training (Blended) (NOREMI-874) course will satisfy:
- The Basic Training per STCW Code, as amended 2010 Section A-VI/1; AND,
- The Personal Survival Techniques per 46 CFR 302(a)(1) and 46 CFR 12.602(a) (1); AND,
- The Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 201(h)(2) [BASIC Only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); AND,
- The Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2); AND,
- The Fire Fighting requirements per 46 CFR 201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3), 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3) for any tankerman endorsement; AND,
- The First Aid & CPR requirements per 46 CFR 201(i)(1) when applied for within one year of the date of training; AND,
- The Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities per 46 CFR 302(a)(4) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(4); AND,
- The practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of All of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines on Qualifications for STCW Endorsements in Basic Training (Formerly Basic Safety Training).
Applicants are not required to present completed record of assessment sheets when applying for the STCW endorsement.
PRICE: $725.00 USD