This course meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Table A-III/5 of STCW Code at the Support Level, for Able Seafarer Engine rating, including:
- Function 1: Marine Engineering at the Support Level
- Function 2: Electrical, electronic and control engineering at the support level
- Function 3: Maintenance and repair at the support level
- Function 4: Controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the support level
Able Seafarer Engine (STCW A-III/5) Certification Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years ol
- Meet the requirements for RFPEW
- Sea-Time of 6 months under supervision of an officer or rating OR pre-sea training and 2 months sea time under the supervision of an officer or a rating
- Sea-Time of 12 months served as a RFPEW OR 6 months as a RFPEW with the completion of approved training
- The written exam can be taken online through HALO° Exams.
- The mandatory assessments supplied in the course must be completed and signed off by an STCW licensed engineering officer onboard a vessel using an approved Training Record Book. If not already provided in the course, this can be arranged with the Dominica Maritime Administration by contacting email@example.com
This fully online course can be taken at your own pace. Recommended equipment outside of any required materials identified in the course: computer and web camera.
PRICE: $975.00 USD