*On-site practical assessments are required per USCG approval guidelines.
This course covers all the required theoretical and practical requirements for an endorsement as Able Seafarer-Deck (STCW Table A-II/5) and the U.S. domestic Able Seaman endorsement. The course also meets the requirements for a Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (STCW Table A-II/4). Topics include: Seamanship, Cargo Handling, Marlinspike Seamanship, Watchkeeping, Safety, Pollution and Ship Construction.
This course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system followed two final examinations being administered in our USCG approved HALO Examination software.
All online content and final exams must be completed prior to the scheduled one day assessment.
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Blended
- Basic Safety Training Blended (not required for domestic endorsement)
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Able Seafarer-Deck (NOREMI-1001) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy:
- the written examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.405(a) for the Deck General and Navigation General, Deck Safety and Rules of the Road; AND,
- the Practical Marlinspike Seamanship Demonstration requirement of 46 CFR 12.405(c); AND,
- the following assessments from NVIC 14-14 (Ch-1) for an endorsement as Able Seafarer-Deck: Tasks 2.1.A, 2.1.B, 2.2.A, 2.5.A, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 4.1.A, 4.2.A, 4.3.A,4.4.A, 4.4.B, 4.4.C, 4.4.D, 4.5.A, 4.6.B, 4.6.C, 4.7.A, 4.8.A, 4.8.B, 4.9.A, 4.13.A,5.1.A, 5.2.A, 5.3.A, 5.3.B, 5.3.C, 5.4.A, 5.5.A, 5.5.B, 5.5.C, 5.5.E, 5.6.A, 5.6.B, 5.6.C,5.7.A, 5.8.A, 5.9.A, 5.10.A, 5.10.B, 6.1.A, 6.1.B, 6.2.A, 6.3.A, 8.1.A, 8.2.A, 8.3.A,8.3.B, 8.4.A, 8.4.B, 8.5.A, and 8.6.A; AND,
- the training and all assessment requirements of 46 CFR 12.605(a)(3) and NVIC 06-14 for an endorsement as Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW).
Applicants are not required to submit completed Task Assessment sheets when applying for these endorsements.
PRICE: $975.00 USD