Participants successfully completing the training course should be capable of undertaking the skills expected of an Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels over 500 gross tons related to ship construction and stability. This course is designed for those who want to apply for an OICNW license/certificate. There are no mandatory prerequisites.
This course is delivered on NEMO°, our learning management system followed by the final examination being administered in our USCG approved HALO Examination software.
Any applicant who successfully completes your Ship Construction & Basic Stability (Blended) (NOREMI-946) course will satisfy:
- The stability and ship construction training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(xii) for an STCW endorsement as OICNW on vessels of 500 GT or more; AND
- The ship construction and stability requirements of 46 CFR 11.317 and Table A-II/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, for certification as Master on Vessels of Less Than 500 GT Limited to Near Coastal Waters; AND
- The ship construction and stability requirements 46 CFR 11.321 and Table A-II/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, for certification as OICNW on Vessels of Less Than 500 GT Limited to Near Coastal Waters; AND
- The assessment tasks from NVIC 13-14(Ch-1): 8.1.A; 8.2.A; 8.3.A; and 8.4.A; AND
- The assessment tasks from NVIC 12-14(Ch-2): 10.1, 11.3, 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, and 13.4; AND
- The assessment tasks from NVIC 02-18: 10.1.A, 11.3.A, 13.1.A, 13.2.A, 13.3.A, and 13.4.A.
PRICE: $750.00 USD (eff. 10/01/2021)