Radar Observer Unlimited Blended
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Coast Guard Approved Course
NOREMI - 816
** Please note on-site examination and assessments requirements below
The course satisfies the requirements of: The radar observer training requirement of 46 CFR 11.480(d) for an endorsement as Radar Observer (Unlimited). The radar observer training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(ii), 11.317(a)(3)(vi), 11.319(a)(4)(ii), 11.321(a)(3)(vi).The radar standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.309(a)(3), 11.317(a)(2), 11.319(a)(3), 11.321(a)(2); Sections A-II/1 and A-II/3 and Tables A-II/1 and A-II/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from:
NVIC 12-14 and NVIC 02-18 Tasks: 1.4A, 1.4B, 3.1, 3.2A, 3.2B, 3.3A, 3.4
NVIC 13-14 Tasks: 1.8A, 1.8B
Upon completion of the online content, students will be required to schedule on-site examinations and assessments with Northeast Maritime Institute. These sessions are scheduled for two days in order to complete the necessary plots and simulator scenarios as well as the written exams. Please contact Northeast Maritime Institute to register for one of the scheduled sessions.
- Navigational Rules and Regulations Handbook; United States Coast Guard (provided as a course resource)
- Radar and ARPA Manual; Bole, Wall, and Norris; Third edition
- Radar Renewal NMI Workbook (provided as a course resource)
Required Navigation Tools:
- Leaded Compass 6" or 8"
- Dividers 6 or 8"
- 2 Triangles
- One of the following; Parallel Rules OR Weems Roller Plotter
- Blank Radar Transfer Plotting Sheets
PRICE: $775.00 USD