The Oceans Navigation/Celestial Navigation 500/1600 GRT Blended Course covers all subject matter content required for an Oceans Endorsement. Upon completion of the online content, students will be required to complete proctored examinations at Northeast Maritime Institute. A 1-1/2 day session for review and exam is included in the course price. If you will need additional support and tutoring, you can purchase additional time with a qualified NMI instructor prior to taking the exams. Contact NMI’s registration office to make this request: email@example.com
DUE TO COVID-19, COURSE EXAMINATIONS MAY BE TAKEN ONLINE. AFTER COMPLETING THE ONLINE CONTENT AND FINAL EXAMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRATION OFFICE AT 508-992-4025 OR AT REGISTRATION@NORTHEASTMARITIME.COM FOR ON-SITE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULING INFORMATION.
- Second or Third Mate of self-propelled vessels of unlimited tonnage from near coastal to oceans; AND
- Master or Mate of self-propelled vessels of less than 500 or 1600 GRT; AND
- Master or Mate of self-propelled vessels of less than 200 GRT; AND
- Master or Mate of Uninspected Fishing Industry Vessels from near coastal to oceans,
- The Celestial Navigation training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(viii) for an STCW endorsement as OICNW on vessels of 500 GT; AND
- The celestial navigation assessments 1.1.A; 1.1.B; 1.1.C; 1.1.D; 1.1.E; and 1.1.F from NVICs 02-18 and 12-14(Ch-3), “Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch.”