DUE TO COVID-19, COURSE EXAMINATIONS MAY BE TAKEN ONLINE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE REGISTRATION OFFICE AT 508-992-4025 OR AT REGISTRATION@NORTHEASTMARITIME.COM.
Any applicant who successfully completes the Meteorology (Operational) Course will satisfy the following:
- The Meteorology training requirements of 46 CFR 11 .309(a)(4)(xiii) for an STCW endorsement as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC); AND,
- The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines Tasks, as documented in:
- NVIC 12-14 (CH-2) Assessment tasks 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11; AND
- NVIC 13-14(Ch-1) Assessment tasks 1.11 .A; 1.12.A and 1.13; AND
- The specific assessments tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 02-18: Tasks 1.9.A, 1.9.B, 1.10.A, 1.10.B, 1.10.C, 1.10.D, 1.10.E, 1.10.F and 1.10.G