This course satisfies the requirements of Tables A-II/2 and A-III/2 of the STCW Code for Leadership, as amended. This course is intended to provide a person with the knowledge, skill and understanding of leadership and managerial on board a ship.
On completion of the course the learner/trainee should be able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and knowledge of leadership and managerial skills and have the relevant skills to competently carry out the duties of officer in charge of a navigational watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more, or officer in charge of an engineering watch in a manned engine-room or designated duty engineer in a periodically unmanned engine-room. The knowledge, understanding and proficiency should include, but not be limited to, those listed in Column 2 of table A-II/2 and table A-III/1:
- Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management and training.
- A knowledge of related international maritime conventions and recommendations, and national legislation.
- Ability to apply task and workload management.
- Knowledge and ability to apply effective resource management.
- Knowledge and ability to apply decision-making techniques.
- The written exam can be taken online through HALO° Exams. You will receive 3 attempts for your exam. If you fail all 3 attempts, you must pay a retake fee of $50.00.
This fully online course can be taken at your own pace. Recommended equipment outside of any required materials identified in the course: computer and web camera.
PRICE: $875.00 USD