Basic Training and Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher Training with Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties course is approved by the Government of the Kingdom of Tonga Marine and Ports Division, and is designed for Ordinary Seamen, Deck Ratings and Engine Ratings. The program meets the requirements set forth by the 2010 Manila Amendments to the International Maritime Organization’s STCW Code. The program includes the following components and is followed up with on-site assessments coordinated through the Tonga Marine and Ports Division.
This online program includes presentations, reference material, videos and quizzes in the subject areas of Basic Marine Firefighting, Elementary First Aid, Personal Survival Techniques, Personal Safety & Social Responsibility and Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD). A final exam must be completed at the end of the online program in order to qualify for the on-site assessment portion of the program. A minimum score of 70% must be obtained, with a maximum of three attempts allowed.
Reference Materials: For the VPDSD portion of this course, there are a number of documents and video for you to review and refer to under Reference Materials, which appears on the tool bar on the left side of your screen. Please make a note of this.
Training Package B – For Able Seafarer Deck, Able Seafarer Engine, Watchkeeper Deck and Watchkeeper Engine
- 2 Day – NEMO° Basic Safety and Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher Training Online
- 8 Hour – Online VPDSD Training
- 2 Day – Refresher Basic Safety Assessments at TMPI
- ½ Day – Personal Survival Techniques Refresher -In Water (pool) Assessments
- ½ Day – First Aid Refresher Assessments
- 1 Hour – VPDSD Examination and Practical
- 1 Day – Fire Fighting Refresher Assessments
Total Estimated Time for Completion: 40 Hours (24 Hours using NEMO and 16 Hours at TMPI)*
* Time is an estimation of total time for completion may vary due to online theoretical training being completed at the pace of the seafarer.