Complete your Basic Firefighting Blended training now!
* This course requires completion of the required written exam using our online Halo Exams software has been approved by the USCG (a computer with a web camera is required). You will receive 3 attempts for your exam. If you fail all 3 attempts, you must pay a retake fee of $50.00. On-site assessments at our approved firefighting facility are also required in order to be issued your completion certificate.
This online program includes all required course theory through presentations, reference material, videos and quizzes in the subject areas of Basic Marine Firefighting.
The course individually meets the requirements for Basic Firefighting set forth in STCW Table A-VI/1-2 and 46 CFR Table 13.121(g). The program includes online learning components and is followed up with on-site assessments coordinated through Northeast Maritime Institute for receipt of your Certificate of Training.
Specific USCG approval:
- This course covers the training and assessments for the Fire Fighting training requirements of 46 CFR 13.121(e)(3); AND
- The Basic Fire Fighting standards of competence required by 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 12.602(a)(2); AND
- The Basic Fire Fighting standards of competence required by STCW Code Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVIC 08-14 Tasks 2.1.A through 3.8.D inclusive; NVICs 12-14(Ch-2) and 02-18 Task 19.2; and NVIC 13-14(Ch-1) Task 13.2.A; AND
- The Basic Fire Fighting requirements in 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) [Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3); AND
- The Fire Fighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d) and 13.501(c)(3).
PRICE: $450.00 USD