This course covers the subject matter required by STCW Table A-II/5, including the STCW Functions of:
- Navigation at the Support Level
- Cargo Handling and Stowage
- Controlling the Operation of the Ship and Care for Persons on Board
- Maintenance and Repair
Subjects Include: anchoring and mooring procedures; cargo handling and stowage; safe navigational watches; health and safety precautions; deck equipment and machinery maintenance and operations; pollution prevention; and shipboard maintenance and repair.
Able Seafarer Deck (STCW A-II/5) Certification Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Meet the requirements of RFPNW
- 6 months or pre-sea training + 2 months sea time
- Sea Time – 18 months while qualified as RFPNW or 12 months with approved training
- The written exam can be taken online through HALO° Exams.
- The mandatory assessments supplied in the course must be completed and signed off by an STCW licensed Master/Mate onboard a vessel of 500 Gross Tons or more using the approved Training Record Book. If not already provided in the course, this can be arranged with the Dominica Maritime Administration by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
This fully online course can be taken at your own pace. Recommended equipment outside of any required materials identified in the course: computer and web camera.
PRICE: $1,000.00 USD (eff. 10/01/2021)